Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 1

This is just a brief update...

There is already one thing that I know I will not miss over the next month: sugar hangovers! Since I ate more sugar than usual yesterday I have a bad one today. The symptoms are not those of a traditional hangover as I know them, there is really only one main symptom... a constant feeling of slugishness. I know that is not a real word, but the day or two after I eat a lot of sugar, it always slows me down mentally, motivationally, and of course physically. I hate it, not only is working out (or doing anything productive for that matter) way harder, but getting myself to is just as difficult.

But at least I overcame! I went running today, despite the difficulty AND the rain, and then even went hiking after! It was fun, even with a little rain. For the first time I saw two elk, and we heard a pack of wolves, or maybe coyotes... Anyway, that is when we turned around and headed back! :)

And now I feel way better, I guess the cure for a sugar hangover is lots of exercise! And just for your information: Tosh and I "amended" the rules of the dessert fast...

Granola Bars are now banned because we looked at how much sugar they had in them.

Fruity/bubble gum is banned, but mints and minty gum are okay.

2 comments:

Ms Amber said...

What about Trident Layers?

Mike said...

Tosh and I actually discussed this, and since it's Trident, it counts as minty enough. So we can have it. What we meant was no "Juicy Fruit" or bubble gum type stuff...