Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Namaste



Photo Credit Here

I really enjoy reading articles on Active.com and USATriathlon.com, they often include tips and information that are quite handy for training and racing. It wasn't too long ago that I read one about the benefits of doing Yoga, for triathletes in particular.

I thought about it quite a bit, and talked to my some people about it, and decided there would be no harm in trying it in the comfort of my own basement. So I got "AM/PM yoga for beginners" from Wal Mart and tried doing both AM and PM every day for a week. (This was back when school was in) Let me just say, it may be quite entertaining and even comical to watch ( and listen to...) from an outsiders perspective. But in doing it myself, I have noticed that it is quite relaxing and helps you to focus and concentrate better. I would say it is almost... empowering.

My point is... It is always a good idea to try new things, and if you haven't tried it yet, I recommend Yoga as one of those things. Variety is the spice of life! There are many activities I have seen others do and be curious and desirous to try myself, but never had the nerve to try. But when I did, it turned out quite fun, and occasionally, I don't care for whatever it is I tried, but at least I know now.

Who knows, I may even try a water aerobics class one of these days... But probably not.

No comments: