Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Midnight Hike



I really like hiking. A lot. And this year wasn't the super-best for snow shoeing, so I have been excited for the weather to be nice so I can go back to the mountains, my favorite place to be.

Anyway, we had a semi-not-too-cold day a week or two ago and my friend Tosh and I were trying to figure out what to do one night. It was a clear night, and so I insisted we go hiking, and he was cool with that. So we went up Mill Creek Canyon to Church Fork and hiked up Grandeur Peak at like 10ish or something. I have never been hiking at night before, (unless you count snow shoeing) but I found it to be quite enjoyable. Near the top we did hit some snow, but it wasn't too bad, and the view was great.

I never seem to learn my lesson about bringing water because I think I won't be gone long, but often end up quite thirsty. Oh well, it all worked out.

I feel like this post is missing something. Meaning? Depth? Purpose? All of the above, perhaps? Oh well, it's a post, and who really cares if it is funny, clever, or meaningful. Just be grateful there's pictures for this one!

The point is: Hiking is fun, and is better at night if there is a lot of moonlight.
Me, AT THE TOP!!! With city light coming out of my stomach...
This one we were trying to look "manly." Did it work?

I moved before the picture was done, so the lights ended up on my face, obviously...

No comments: