Thursday, April 15, 2010

School's Out!

What an exciting day, yesterday was my last day of school, so to celebrate I went and picked up my bike from the shop where it was getting tuned-up and assembled. Then I rode it triumphantly around town! Now, this was my first real experience riding a road bike, and with clipless pedals even, but you should all be proud of that I did not even crash or fall over once. Thank you, thank you. I also went bowling with some friends that night that are leaving for the summer, it was a fun day for sure. So, now that school is out today begins my efforts to stay busy and make this summer more meaningful than any that have come before. I thought more about things I want to do, among them are: learn Spanish better, play piano better, learn guitar, and GO CAMPING LOTS! I really like camping, hiking, all that outdoorsy stuff, and I really felt like I didn't go enough last year, so look out mountains, here I come. I know I had better set up some kind of schedule though, to allot time for each of those things, or at least a couple of them.

My first order of business for today though, is to go buy some shorts. To a normal person, this wouldn't seem like a very difficult task, but for me it is. If you don't know me, I am quite tall, about 6'6", and a lot of this height is in my legs, so what would look like "man-pri's" on others, are the kind of shorts I need, anything else just ends up looking like short-shorts. And we certainly can't have that. I heard a rumor that American Eagle shorts are longer than normal, so I may have to check out there, we shall see.

So, that's the news lately, I'll keep posting on how all of this turns out, (not just the shorts) and I wish you luck on having a fun and exciting summer as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.