Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sick and Tired....

So I've had this theory for some time now that the reason I want to eat a bunch of junk food when I am sick is that I think it will make me feel better. (at least temporarily, because it will inevitably end up making me feel worse) But now that I am better from a sickness I had last week, I have discovered what I believe is the true reason, when I am sick, I am not exercising. I always want to eat less junk food when I am exercising regularly, especially because I can tell how much sugar, etc. slows me down after I eat it, and it is never a good feeling to be slow.

In other news, only 3 more days until my first Triathlon, I am so excited. In order to prepare I am having an entirely healthy week, nothing bad for me. I think that is a doable thing for anyone, to be healthy for one week, and chances are, you will feel so much better that you will want to go for two weeks, and so on. So I say try it for a week, healthy is a great feeling.

2 comments:

Ms Amber said...

So that means we're not hanging out then....because I'm pretty much like the junk food of human beings.

Mike said...

No Amber, you are refreshing to be around, like the feeling you get after you eat a delicious salad... not junk food.