Sunday, April 4, 2010

The first day of the rest of my life...

So, I am a bit ashamed to say this, but much of my life has been kind of boring. I recently cracked open my journal from my middle school years... The entries went something like this:
"School. Work. Video Games. Sleep." or "Today I woke up and went to school, then work, and watched TV until bedtime." Those are the most embarrassing entries, and I wish there were a lot less of them...

I want to clarify: I was not a complete couch potato all of my youth. But I certainly could have done more. The closer I got to my mission, the more I did. I enjoyed hiking and camping more, I would ride my bike quite frequently, and followed the "Couch to 5k" training plan, and succeeded. (Nowadays, running 3 miles is hardly an activity that I would even make mention of.) One of the best things I did was go on a trip with my Mom to Israel when I was a Senior in High School. But these fun and exciting events were few and far between. I didn't even have that many friends from Elementary School's end through High School. I did not participate in Sports, (if I could help it) not even as a spectator... I was mostly just working and going to school.
But then came my mission, the 2 years that changed everything for the better. And now that I have been home for almost a year, I continue to work hard to make sure that my life never gets as boring as it was all those years ago... From now on, (and since my mission, honestly) I am determined to have my life be boring no more! Because lets face it, you are only young once, and I am determined not to be one of the young on whom youth is wasted.

Obviously, that is the purpose of this blog, to inspire others (of all ages - young and young at heart) to get off the couch and and have some fun, try new things, and make their lives better. Also, I will keep track or the fun, new, and interesting things that I learn, see, and do. I'm also secretly hoping that by keeping a blog, it will some how psychologically motivate me to keep life interesting. P.S. Just FYI, I'm on the right.


So come, let's take a journey...

No comments: